Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ancestry.com -Subscription Renewal - Beware

Sad to say that I will probably never subscribe to ancestry.com again.  I hadn't used it for over a year but a charge popped up on my credit card.  When I called them to say I didn't want to renew they essentially said too bad - you are now stuck with it for a year - but we won't bill you next year (and then they gave me a confirmation number).  Be careful when hitting the "terms and conditions" button.  They certainly weren't a customer friendly company in my phone call with them.  I will go to the library and use their subscription if I need to in the future. I am sure there are a lot of seniors who get caught up in this situation. 

They indicated that they send a subscription renewal alert but that oftentimes it will go to the SPAM folder.


1 comment:

Oceanghurl said...

Do you know of any photos or history of the old school on Flat Mountain Road on the Monroe side of Alderson? It operated from around 1926 until desegregation. I don't even know what the name of the school was.