Saturday, September 13, 2014

Where my research is housed.

I have pretty much sent all of my research - including books, family histories, photos, correspondence,  (I didn't keep hardly anything at all) to the Greenbrier Historical Society in Lewisburg, West Virginia.  I wanted it to be at a site where people would have access and besides, Lewisburg is such a lovely place to visit.  On my trip there next weekend I will be able to visit Union, Monroe County for the first time.  I hope to stop at the Neff Orchard Road Cemetery / Sinks Grove Cemetery where my grandfather and great-grandfather are buried.  I also plan to visit the Greenbrier Hotel for the first time.  And I will at least sit on the steps of the lawyers office which was once the Lewisburg Hotel (owned/operated by my great-grandfather Harry Suthcliff Cooper).  And I may well try to see if the Caucasian Presbyterian Church has a photo of him. 

No comments: